THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions to keep case shavings off bench?
 Login/Join

Picture of tywt
posted
I am sick of getting little brass shavings all over the bench and equipment when trimming cases. I like my trimmer where it is (in close proximity to other equipment) but do not like the mess. Other then moving it away how can I keep the mess under control. I have been just laying a towel down over everything but would like to think of something better. Thanks for any suggestions.

Aim small, Miss small!

Posts: 20 | Location: North Shore of Minnesota | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a dustpan and a brush. i have an empty icecream container next to my trimmer and just tip each case into it to get out the loose stuff, and i periodically brush down the bench or use a hand held vacuum if you don't like the brush idea.
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some one needs to make a little mickey mouse case to run a power trimmer in to keep that stuff under control.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my gracey trimmer has a little cover. using the thing without it is kinda like being out in the open during an artillery barrage.shit flying everywhere! I just use a small paint brush about 2 inches wide to brush the shavings into a pan every now and then.The stuff is gonna spill any way you try.i find it best to stop trimming every so often and sweep up.keeps the mess from getting out of hand.
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe something rectangular, to fit bench dimensions but with a screen or waffle type construction that would let shavings drop through but maintain the table surface. L.R.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't seem to have that problem with my $4 + $4 Lee outfit. holycow clap

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a shop-vac under my bench. I run the suckion hose on top of my bench to clean up the shavings. I use a RCBS Power trimmer. I trim large volumes at one time.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I send the wife in to do clean up detail. Hey, it works for me.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote