Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

broken die
 Login/Join

posted
was loading 243 this weekend and broke the sizer die. i broke the threaded rod that runs down the inside and the decaping pin. found this on midsouth.http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com is this what i need? http://www.midsouthshooterssup...m.asp?sku=0004437314

posted Hide Post
forgot to mention that this is a older set of dies. don't know if that matters

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Over the years I bent, broke a fair number of decapping pins and rods.
After the umpteenth time I bought a Lee universal decapping die, solved that problem. I bought a cheap RCBS press that is used just of that purpose. The same shell holder that works for 243, 308, 30-06 works for an awful lot of cartridges.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would call the die maker's tech support number. I have broken decapping rods and had them send them to me free or a nominal fee plus the shipping costs. And I bet it will be the right one also. That is why I like RCBS so well. Daryl.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Colekurt,
If you ring RCBS and tell the tech support guys what happened and what you need to fix the problem. The guys at RCBS will "make it good" for you.
RCBS is a great company to deal with.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
just got off the phone with rcbs told them what happened and they never asked a question. just got my name and address and said they would drop them in the mail. very good to deal with

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arkypete:
Over the years I bent, broke a fair number of decapping pins and rods.
After the umpteenth time I bought a Lee universal decapping die, solved that problem. I bought a cheap RCBS press that is used just of that purpose. The same shell holder that works for 243, 308, 30-06 works for an awful lot of cartridges.

Jim

I just bought a Lee universal decapping die so that I can decap and clean my brass before resizing. I haven't had an oppurtunity to check it out yet but I'll let you know when I do.

Even my spell checker wants to replace Obama, it just doesn't have any suggestions.
jerry.baldwin06@comcast.net

Posts: 354 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote