New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texan centerfire reloader
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Walked out of garage sale with a new in box Texan reloader for $5.00 bucks, does anyone know anything about them?

Posts: 295 | Location: San Angelo, TX | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know anything about the metalic cartridge Texan, but I did have one of their progressive shotshell loaders that I flat wore out, over about 20 years of use, and long after Texan went out of business.
If yours takes standard 7/8x14 dies, it will get the job done.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I brought a Huge Texan 7 place turret press for 10 bucks once a great press weighs about 50 lbs. Use it load most of my rifle stuff.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You sure don't hear much about those old Texans lately.
They were well made.

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
back when cabelas was a mail-order only place (1970's) i bought a texan FW shotgun loader in 20 ga from them....friend had the LT model in 12 ga... we loaded 3-4000 on each for several yeas.. shot was $7/bag and herco was cheap.... they were good loaders... i see some on ebay occasionally...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Texan equipment was about as good as any on the market back in the 60's and 70's. There should be nothing wrong with their C- or O-frame metallic presses. Texan also made dies and, for a time, offered jacketed bullets, IIRC.

Herter's, whose business model rested largely on duplicating (without benefit of license) successful reloading equipment, got sued by MEC, so they dropped the MEC shotshell knock-off and started selling a Texan knock-off (much like they sold a knock-off Forster case trimmer and knock-off C&H dies.) If imitation is the truest form of flattery, the I guess the Texan shotshell loader got flattered.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote