New
Find
Notify
Tools

150 Gr 7mm Rem Mag Scirocco data
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do any of you have the new Swift reloading book? I need to know what they are listing for the 7mm Rem Mag, 150 grain Scirocco using IMR4350. I know there are others I want to load with it, but I have two canisters, so I want to try and work a load up for it. I've covered all of my other data, think I worked up low enough, but I would like to know what they actually list for it. Especially enterested in the max limit they list.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Not Swift...but:

IMR-4350 From 52.8 grains to 63.0 grains
CCI-200 Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swift lists IMR4350=57.7 gr.-62 gr at 3013fps. 84% LD
Rem case and Rem 9 1/2 M primer.
Jeff

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I bracked from 59 grains to 63, so I think I am in there, with the 63 perhaps being too hot.....we will see.
Appreciate the help.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
AggieDog,
Nothing on your burn up powder, but if you want something that may work well in your 7mm Mag (my only hunting rifle for 20 years), try H1000 with a 140 grn Swift A-frame. The recommendation would have been a Trophy Bonded Bear Claw but since Speer bought the name and now tries to produce them, they're nothing but junk in comparison to when Trophy Bonded Bullets, Inc. made them. Elliott

Posts: 14 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Esteele,
Are you useing the 140 Swift A Frame just for mule deer and smaller, ie, also wild hogs, etc, or have you had a chance to use it on Elk. Outside looking in, I would think I would want 140 to 150 gr for mule deer, and 160 or 175 gr for Elk. Your experience?

posted Hide Post
AggieDog,
Sorry, no kills with the 140 Swift A-Frame. I will be using it for both mule deer and cow elk this year for the 1st time. All bullets that shot accurate in my old 7mm Mag have also shot well in my new 7.21 Firebird. I'm only assuming the A-Frame will shoot well in a 7mm Mag. After the letdown with the Speer Trophy Bonded Bear Claws, I tried the A-Frame. So far it's very accurate out to 400 yds and my phone box test has it retaining a little less than the Bear Claws and more than the Nosler Partitions. Before the "real" Bear Claws, my choice was 140 Nosler Partitions for deer and 160 NPs (shot the most accurate in 7mag) for elk. I now strive for a 140 grn bullet which has good retention (>50%) and accurate (5 in 5" @ 500 yds) at velocities >3500 fps. The Swift A-Frame is almost there and hopefully I can do my part with a couple of 1-shot heart kills to actually test the bullet.
My load records went with the 7mm Mag when sold, but remember the rifle didn't like the 150 Scirocco and the same for my new rifle. I wasn't impressed with it's retention either. As everyone touts, use the bullet the rifle likes.
PS: look at the tests Grizz did with the new Hornady Interbounds! Look a lot like the 140 Bear Claw I used on an elk. Another one to try!

[ 07-13-2003, 05:41: Message edited by: ESteele ]

Posts: 14 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote