New
Find
Notify
Tools

dad's taking the plunge
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
well, after a grueling selection process, my dad has finally placed an order that will set him on the path to "serious" reloading. i can't remember all of the little details, but it comes down to a lee classic turret press, lee deluxe die set for all the cartridges he owns (9mm luger, .40 sw, .223 rem, .22/250 rem, .308 win and .30/06 springfield), the lee pro auto disk powder measure and all the accessories, plus a thousand 150-grain rem corelokts in .308 and 1500 55-grain rem corelokts in .224. brass and bullets for pistol catridges to follow soon.

since i've never used a lot of this equipment (turret press, disk powder measure etc.), i imagine i'll have some questions soon as i help him get goinig on this!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, keep us posted on the progress.

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tas,
Tell your dad I like his style. Either he shoots a lot or he plans to be around a long time or he has several kids that mooch 30 caliber bullets. A thousand corelokts in 30 caliber would probably last me 20 years.

Also while everyone else seems to be hunkerin' down he's singlehandedly expanding the economy.
By the way, can 1,000 and 1500 bullets still be had in this day and age?
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks, guys - i am sure that as he progresses in this i will be picking some brains for advice here and there.

GW - the bullets were rodered from cabelas, wich either had them in-stock or available in a week. everything else came from www.midwayusa.com. as for mooching kids, he's only got one son and i can safely say i will be doing plenty of that as the 150-grain cor-lokt is a great bullet for my .308 when hunting deer and antelope. my sister, however, will probably not be interested!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good move! both you and pops will have surely an exciting time "rolling your own" and making em when you need to.

regards,

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote