Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E-tip 150 grs cal. 308
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys! Can anyone give me some good loads for that bullet?? I'm trying to shoot it with my Rem VTR but i still haven't been able to find a good load for accuracy... Thanx!!! Marco

One of Us
posted Hide Post
6th edition nosler reloading manual take 2grains off of the listed max load and it becomes your new max load per nosler techs for e tip lead free bullets: imr 4831 48gr most accurate load with 150gr nos bullet,imr 4895 40.5gr most accurate. what powder are you using? if you let me know I can look it up.I've found the nosler info has been right on with my Sako Finnbear 30-06 & my sako Finnsport 300wm

posted Hide Post
thanx for the infos! i'm using N140 and N540 powders, but i'm also trying to make some loads with Norma 202.... using N133 i found very good velocity, but not accuracy... as by now i've not used any IMR powders.. i'll try!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markinorn:
thanx for the infos! i'm using N140 and N540 powders, but i'm also trying to make some loads with Norma 202.... using N133 i found very good velocity, but not accuracy... as by now i've not used any IMR powders.. i'll try!!
Nosler has data for N140 as most accurate powder tested max is 46.5 for 150gr but with e tip the new max is 44.5gr the most accurate load load tested was with 42.5gr. with N135 max load is 45gr but has to be reduced 2 grains so the new max is 43g.The most accurate load was with 45grains but can't use it with the 2 grain required drop as max load with e tip bullets.

posted Hide Post
i've alredy tryied the loads woth 44.5 of 140 and 42.5 of 133 but i had no good results with both of them. i think that the problem is in the bullet.. my VTR doesn't like the e-tip cause i haven't been able to find any accuracy in the loads i made till today. i'm going to buy some TSX in 150 and 130 so, with a shorter bullet body, i hope to hit the goal! any suggestions on loads for those bullets (except the ones on the books' datas)??