THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Minnesota & Wisconsin .50 BMG 600yd fun shoot...

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minnesota & Wisconsin .50 BMG 600yd fun shoot...
 Login/Join

<BMG>
posted
Minnesota vs. Wisconsin .50 BMG Border Battle Fun Shoot

I am hosting a .50 BMG fun shoot this Saturday (Aug. 11th) at 9am about one hour north of St Paul, MN. It will be a fun shoot at a distance of 600yds. There will be trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place from that distance.

Only Ball, AP, and match bullets are the allowed projectiles. Also, know where your gun is shooting at 100 to 200 yards so you will be on paper at 600yds. Anyone that is not able to be on paper (5�x6� target) at 600yds within 5 shots will be asked to put away their firearm (don�t sweat it, if your gun shoots 10 MOA or better you should be fine).

We will have a sight in / open shoot for the first hour or so just to make sure everyone�s fifty is shooting where they want it and problems such as scopes, bipods, rests, etc get taken care of. Then we�ll shoot three groups for score, five shots per group. After that we�ll have open shooting for the next couple of hours to try each other�s guns, test different loads, or just plain practice. Very informal & lots of fun.

There are NO BENCHES for people to use. If you want to use a bench, bring one. The same goes for chairs. I am guessing that 30 � 50 rounds per person is about what will be shot so plan accordingly.

THIS SHOOT IS ONLY OPEN TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE A .50 BMG RIFLE. Unfortunately there is no room for spectators on this shoot. Afterwards, we can head to a Famous Dave�s BBQ restaurant for lunch and a beer (or two).

If you have a .50 BMG and are interested in going to the shoot, let me know (e-mail) and I will give you directions to the range.

The weather looks good with highs in the upper 70�s to low 80�s, perfect. Have a good one,

BMG

one of us
posted Hide Post
To bad I am going to me in WY. This must be allmost in my back yard. You guys have a great time.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<BMG>
posted
We'll get a hold of you next time when the planets all line up ;-), have fun in WY.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do me the favor and post the results. Call it charity for a poor, eastern, city, yankee, boy.

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
<BMG>
posted
OK, I'll even try and post some PIC's if possible.

<BMG>
posted

<Don G>
posted
BMG,

Thanks for posting the meet and the pics. Maybe I'll have one to shoot next time!

Don

<BMG>
posted
Don, The FCSA (Fifty Caliber Shooters Association - www.fcsa.org )has shoots in Indiana and Kentucky. You should definately wander on down to one of their shoots, you won't be disappointed. The knowledge one gains about long range heavy rifle consistency in attending an FCSA shoot is amazing. I learned a few 'tricks of the trade' that dramatically shrank my 1000yd groups. Also, you have to remember that I am shooting a $2000 production gun (Serbu) and am holding my own with the big boys. They will beat me most of the time, but I still managed to eek a 5th place finish out of 12 shooters at a meet this spring where $5k - $6k rifles were in abundance.
You and a BMG are always welcome at a shoot in MN if you're in town.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks alot BMG. Over here i've seen a fair share of single shot 50s but what kind of competition could you have at a 200 yd range?

anyway, thanks again.

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote