Re: 223 load
 Login/Join

Picture of CTI1USNRET
posted
Hornady 53 gr HP Match
26 gr H335
Winchester SRP
Winchester brass

The above load gives me .35" groups at 100 yds from my bull bbl NEF Handi Rifle. Bushnell 3200 Elite 10x40 mil dot.

Posts: 69 | Location: The Monadnocks | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Good advice above.

The load I have never seen fail to shoot well in any rifle is :

H335 25.0 gr.
52 gr. Sierra Matchking BTHP
WSR primer ( Win. small rifle )
Loaded in Win. , WCC , or LC brass ( pretty much the same )

I stole this load from a guy named J. Feamster, who stole it from a bunch of prairie doggers , who stole it from benchrest shooters.
Not original , but it works.

Travis F.

Me either, except you substitute just about any 50 grain bullet and perhaps add a grain. I am not fussy about the primer, either.

This load really shoots in .223s.

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Posted under small bore as well.

I just picked up Kimber of Oregon 223 and want to develop an accurate load for 50-55gr bullets.

If you have one please let me know. I'd appreciate you listing all the components since I have to purchase all.

Thanks

Jim

Posts: 134 | Location: dallas,tx | Registered: 29 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Federal brass, Federal Match primers, 28gr H380, 55gr
Nosler BT

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I've been using the .223 for several years now....I have 3 custom rifles in this caliber and realy like them a lot...H-335 is a great powder, meters very well and gives good velocity....26 grains of H-335 with the 50 grain bullet has been a standard for years....About a year or two ago, Hodgdon came out with a powder called Benchmark...Its hard to beat in the .223 Rem. with 50 grain bullets, 25 to 26 grains is very accurate and the velocity is as high or higher than any other powder I've tried...I don't use 55 grain bullets in the .223 Rem. so I can't help you much there...Good luck with your loads...George

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
H335 is great with 55's and 69's in mine. Also varget is pretty good but highly bulky and really gets things full!

Also lately N133 has been giving me good 53 and 55 grain results.

With the 223, lots of good choices!