New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon owners?
 Login/Join

Picture of goose5
posted
What is your bench height? Do you reload seated or standing?

Posts: 9 | Location: Pueblo, Colorado | Registered: 07 January 2008Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Best of both worlds is a high bench with barstools. Standing lets you move more but after a while sitting down is nice for a change.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What Mark said.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Single stage standing,

Dillon . . . sitting down cause that is usually a run of ammo!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
34" !. I set in my African Walnut based leather bankers Chair which matches my African Walnut Angled Wing Desk !. I like to feel I'm getting my Money back !. dancing

I sit because when I reload it's usually for hours on end ( Normally 1-3 months worth of several calibers ammo ) I shoot maybe 5-8K's rounds a year so you do the math .

Be comfortable is the main thing !. Are you comfortable at the diner table ?.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark:
Best of both worlds is a high bench with barstools. Standing lets you move more but after a while sitting down is nice for a change.

Mark is a wise man, that's how mine is set up.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12713 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Yup, high bench with a bar stool for me too.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
That is how I reload as well. My bench is 36" high, and I use a bar stool. The bench could be about 4 inches higher. I have a 550b on the way so I guess I need to make another bench.

Posts: 9 | Location: Pueblo, Colorado | Registered: 07 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before running off the deep end put your feet in the shallows !.
archer
I'm 6' 3" and my bench is 34" high , I prefer to set in a chair with a back , it's FAR MORE comfortable then a Bar Stool !. That's why I asked if you were ok at the Dinner Table !.

Normal seat height is 17 -19 " Table heights are 27-29" Normally !. At the very least just cut the legs off your bar stool , why alter the bench height ?.

If I could load effectively I would do it out of my recliner !. Point is to BE COMFORTABLE while doing it .

I loaded at a work bench with bar stools and several shooting buddy's still do , but quite a few of them after visiting my set up LIKED setting in a REAL CHAIR . They now have modified there Benches to fit computer chairs !.

My Banker chair as I call it was is the one which is mated to the desk set . So I just made the bench the proper size for the chair height .

My desk by the way is a Sight to behold !. It's Solid Not veneer African Walnut with Ebony detail inlay , the Top is shaped like an offset flying wing and is 9'-3" long X 42.5" width at the widest center point .

All of my shooting buddy's ask WHEN I'm going to cut the top up for GunStocks as it's 3.75" thick and with some of the nicest burl one has ever seen !. NEVER I CRY NEVER !. It was made for me by a former customer whom I used to supply wood too . I never asked for it ? , he never allowed me to pay for it !, said I couldn't afford to pay for his labor let alone the wood I sold him . Laughed and said it's for all your efforts over the years to bring me some of the worlds finest woods . Your Gold watch so to speak !.

Sadly he was killed years later in an Air Crash I shall be buried in that desk , as he was a great friend .

Shoot Straight Know Your target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
36" to the underside of the reloading bench.

No strong mount.

I sit on a gas adjust-height drafting chair w\back.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
belt high.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Mark and DrK said. I use a bar stool with a back. My bench is 41" high and for my 5'10" is about right using a Dillon 550 and Rockchucker.

Did you order the extra tool heads, etc?

Mike

Posts: 100 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Registered: 10 January 2008Reply With Quote