Find
Notify
Tools

223AI reloading
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted
As I fireform shells through this gun, Ive been thinking about what to get to reload these little beauties. What is everyone using?

Before I pop for anyone's dies, I'd like some recommedations.

I'm leaning towards neck sizing only untill they don't chamber, then throwing and starting with new brass.

Any ideas?

Snapper

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Get a set of Lee Collet dies for 223 and have fun. Lee collet dies will work great on some AI cases and 223AI is one of them. You will get many reloads without fl sizing also not much case trimming with the AI. Just my experience with 223AI over 30 years of shooting one.

<RVB>
posted
I've been playing around with a 223 AI in a "Walk Around Varminter" that I built this winter. Here's what I've found. #1, Use IMI brass. It is quite rugged and you can get upwards of an extra 100 fps without pressure signs. #2, Get a pound of Benchmark powder from Hogdon. Fantastic results in my two 223 AI rifles! #3, Get Redding neck dies and a "Body Bump" die. When the cases get hard to chamber, simply "bump" the body back a bit and have at it.

You can see my rifle in the photo album at www. RVB Precision Shooting Web Page rvbprecision.com