THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Can't the 375 H&H Outperform 375 Ruger with Latest Powders

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't the 375 H&H Outperform 375 Ruger with Latest Powders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's been proven that the 375 Ruger can now get the same performance as a 375 H&H by using the modified case and the most modern powders.

Has anyone considered that with the same new powders, the 375 H&H performance capabilities should be nicely improved and once again be elevated to lone status at the top of the 375 heap.

Has anyone looked into this?

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are saying that available powders have been explored more extensively for that ballistically 'perfect' load for the Ruger, I doubt that is the case. It is just as likely that the opposite is true, since the H&H has been around for over 100 yrs and there are still a lot more of them out there being handloaded.

With slightly smaller case capacity and slightly lower SAAMI pressure MAX I'm not sure how the H&H could outperform the Ruger, all else being equal.

That in no way means I'm giving up my H&H.

"No game is dangerous unless a man is close up"
Teddy Roosevelt 1885.

Posts: 211 | Location: SEAK USA | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't the 375 H&H Outperform 375 Ruger with Latest Powders

whichever case has the greatest capacity will win.....

I'm not sure which is larger but the difference is small either way.

If one is a hand loader the performance potential will be close to zero.

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If 100 fps makes that much difference something has gone quite wrong somewhere.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whichever case has the greatest capacity will win.....

That's not always true !. 375 H&H is still King regardless of ballistics comparisons .

The differences aren't worth mentioning !. I've seen re loads vary by as much as 157 FPS !.

So all else seems pointless for comparison !. thumb

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote