New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 wsm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The 6.5 WSM is done and I'm really not sure after months of wiating, where to start. I want to shoot 125gr Partitions. I have RL22, IMR 4350, 4831, and 7828 on hand as far as what I think should be suitable powders. The next bullet of choice will be the 130 Accubond.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quitus

61 to 63 grains of Reloader 22 will be the perfect medicine for your 6.5 WSM. Behind the 130 grain Nosler Accubond will amaze you.

Of course start low and work your way up. I load 61 grains in my .264 WSM and it is spooky how accurate it is. 1/2 MOA easily.

Good luck and good shooting.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I did actually get out on Saturday to work up with RL22 and IMR4350 pushing 120 grain B-tips for barrel break in and checking pressure. With that bullet 4350 was ridiculous! 22 was sub MOA, but 4350 really shines. I will load both powders behind my 125s to see if I can achieve similar results and if they don't shoot I'll pick up some accubonds. Either would make me happy, but I have alot of Partitions on the shelf.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 264 likes IMR4831. All I shoot in it are the 125 Partitions and the 129 Hornady Interlock. With 60 grains, which is certainly not max, I get half inch groups easily, when I do my part. My barrel is a Lilja 1:9 26".

BTW, I neck size my brass so that after the first firing, it headspaces off the shoulder and not the belt.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote