New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality Equiptment
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just recieved my new RCBS (Ohaus) 1010 balance. Those of you who have this scale probably know this already, but I think it is one of those pieces of reloading equiptment that is worth the extra cost. Having used a lesser balance for a while now, I think this is a well thought out, quality piece of equiptment.

Which actually begs a question of a more philosophical nature----What do you think are the two or three (2-3) top notch pieces of loading equiptment available to the accuracy-minded handloader that have significantly raised the bar above the norm? Could be a really nice powder measure, an especially excellent case trimmer, or another tool you have discovered in your experience. You do not have to necessarily list equiptment from your own experience (i.e. my buddy has a ...), but it would be helpful to indicate so.

cheers

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Gd:

I have one of the those RCBS 1010 scales.

I bought it in 1988, used it for thousands of loads, then dropped it in 2002 and broke the beam.

I asked RCBS "how much for a new beam" but they said that the scale has to re-calibrated as a unit and gave me O'Haus's address to mail it to.

I got the scale back 2 weeks later (well, the base casting was mine, but all else was new!) - NO CHARGE.

Best of all, RCBS/Ohaus sent it back to me Priority Courier (I'm in Sweden) and that cost them $US 35.00! I think the scale cost me about $US 70 20 years before, so they sure blew any profits!

Hard to imagine improving on this service!

As for other quality reloading products, I'd have to say that the Forster Co-Ax press is tops. I don't have one, but I have used them and the ease of use and sound engineering goes one step beyond my RCBS Rockchucker. It also loads very concentric ammo according to my RCBS casemaster run out gauge (another neat gadget, but one which will make you crazy as you fiddle with things to reduce run out!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
#1 Quality digital scale. Allows very quick weighing of cases and bullets to find any overly lt/heavy components.

#2 Bonanze Co-Ax press

#3 QUALITY dies such as Reddings or Bonanza

FN in MT

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote