Find
Notify
Tools

Belden & Mull reloading equipment
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted
Does anyone know anything about Belden and Mull reloading equipment and what company purchased them?

I found a very nice powder measure that was NOS and is a remarkable design. It is a two stage measure and it throws very consistent charges. Overall, I think I snagged a great bargin and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them.

Thanks,

RobertD

RobertD

I prefer my fish raw, my meat extra rare, and P.E.T.A on the BBQ. Any questions?

(Pork Enhanced Through Alcohol)

Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA
SCI Golden Gate Chapter
www.woodpeckings.com

Posts: 269 | Location: East Bay, CA | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Robert,
I love mine, one of the best, in my opinion.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same here....it was my first measure after the Lee Loader, it was used when I got it and I still use it some! Quality like they used to make things!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
In the near past someone started making the measures again. Here's a link for purchase of B&M measures. I couldn't find the URL for the current manufacturer.
//www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/2,360.html.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 310 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the info. Looks like I really did get a bargin for 65 bucks!

I didn't find a website for the B&M either, hence my posting a question here.

RobertD

I prefer my fish raw, my meat extra rare, and P.E.T.A on the BBQ. Any questions?

SCI Golden Gate Chapter
www.woodpeckings.com

Posts: 269 | Location: East Bay, CA | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love mine as well! Does anybody know where I could get a "Magnum" sized drop tube? Suggestions sincerely appreciated!

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
stupid....should have looked at the website 'ol Pete suggested....they got it!

Thanks Pete! I have been looking for one for YEARS! You made my day.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they also have half pound and one pound hoppers, too. I might have to spring for a one pounder, along with an extra drop tube for the Rigby.

The only question remains in my mind is: why don't other manufacturers use a two stage charge system like this? patent infringement?

RobertD

RobertD

SCI Golden Gate Chapter
www.woodpeckings.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Replacing the return spring with a less robust one will ease things a bit.
In an emergency, a .45-70 case can be trimmed to serve as a drop tube.
The lid is a soft plug from a gasoline engine which is much cheaper from an auto or tractor supply house than the one the factory supplies.
A cracked sight glass will soldier on for decades.
Cheers from Darkest California,
Ross

Posts: 117 | Location: Darkest California | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted Hide Post
I called Buffalo Arms the other day. Turns out B&M had a huge military contract, so they pretty much cut back on all civilian production. Now, things are caught up and they are making the measures again, along with spare parts and other goodies. They don't have a website, btw.

RobertD

SCI Golden Gate Chapter
www.woodpeckings.com