Find
Notify
Tools

Storing Ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted
I have a poop load of ammo, some in my safe, some in the garage, some stuff under here, under there... I got ammo all over the damn place. And like most of you, the majority of this is shotgun ammo.

Looking for ideas on how to store it so I can get to it, but it's not in tubs or boxes so heavy I can;t move them around if need be.

let me know what you guys with a ton of ammo do.

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Build a plywood platform same size as your selected storage containers. The rectangular plastic containers out there work well. Attach casters to the bottom of the plywood . Stack 'em up and and roll away.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.50 Cal Ammo Boxes for 12 and 20 and 16.
30 Cal Ammo boxes for 28 and 410.

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 663 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another vote for ammo cans. not sure how much shotgun shells will fit in each can but for everything else they are definatly the way to go. you can't put so much in them that you can't carry them but they also offer a weather proof environment for them to stay in. i like the 30 cal cans for pistol. one will hold 1k 9mm, 40 or 45. i use the 50's for 223 and other stuff.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ammo cans for all ammo. You can't get too much into them to make them too heavy. Easy to move and store.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote