Find
Notify
Tools

Need recipes for 250 Sav & 257 Rob
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted
I'm looking for some recipes for these two cartridges. I have a basic sense of capabilities but I wanted to see what you all have developed.

I'm interested in the whole range of loads, from the lightest bullets driven fast to fat and slow. If anyone has a "soft" load that they can shoot non-stop for hours without overheating the barrel, please share that as well.

Thanks

[ 07-18-2003, 06:29: Message edited by: Gonzo FreakPower ]

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My best .250 Sav load is:
100 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip
39.0 gr of H380 (Note: this is .5 over Nosler Max)
Remington Cases
CCI BR-2 primers
Loaded to an OAL of 2.572"
Please not the longer than standard OAL. The rifle is a T/C Encore that allows the longer OAL and the reduction and pressure that makes this load safe in my rifle.
Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Need to go to library or book store or Wolfe Publications and find a copy of Ken Waters "Pet Loads". For most everything other than benchrest type competition it should be every handloader's "bible". He particularly loved the .257 and has two or three very long in depth columns on it. All time classic, 46 gr 4350 and 100 gr bullet for 3000 fps. In late model rifles, can use various bullets or primers. Shoots well in everything tried. Some of the newer powders could prove interesting.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote