New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help ID a new used powder measure
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a powder measure on ebay that was listed as a lyman but I can't find any data on it and there are no marks on it at all. It looks and works like the lil Dandy unit but the drums are seperate brass drums that are turned with a keyed handle like the notched knob on the lil dandy. I thought if I could i d the measure I might be able to get more drums and at least get a chart to know the throws without having to run my own tables. Thanks in advance. JB

Posts: 104 | Location: Roanoke, VA , USA | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JB What color is it and what size is the powder tube on top?

Posts: 59 | Location: Soledad, CA USA | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dennis, the metal base is blued as a gun would be. The tube is 6in. long and 1 1/2 in. in Dia. Someone on another board said that it is Lyman, but I can not envision a company like Lyman not marking everything they make but I guess it is possible if they had someone turn them out for them. It is well made and all turned, not cast. The codes on the brass cylinders seem to be the grains and S and L mean the short side and l the long side as in 10s = 10.2 gr and 10L = 10.8 gr JB

Posts: 104 | Location: Roanoke, VA , USA | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote