New
Find
Notify
Tools

best place to buy bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
who offers the best prices in general for bullets? midway, cheaperthandirt, any others. im looking for hornady or nosler. websites will be helpful.

thanks
lojack

one of us
posted Hide Post
oh boat tail. are teh midway brand bullets any good?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just started buying from Cabelas, for all the bullets I order. Based on the prices and shipping on my door step, they have the lowest prices I have found.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll chime in with Cabelas too. Best prices around that I'm aware of. If you find someone selling 100 count 168gr HPBT Sierra's for under $16.49 let me know! Likewise for hunting bullets (Nosler, Hornady, Swift, Speer, etc.) Though if you looking to buy bulk (500+) Wideners maybe better but their selection is limited. If your looking for specialty / competition bullets I like Sinclair though they go up in price.

Regards,
Travis

Posts: 41 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway seems to have good prices on Woodleigh bullets.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like to scarf up Midway's bulk pack Winchester or Remington bullets. Never had any complaints from the guns or the critters I shoot with them.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
check older posts on Nosler bullets, posted info on where you can buy factory seconds, with contact info.

too lazy to look it up at the moment.

However you can save about 35 to 40 % or more on Nosler's bullets, even the new Accubond( or whatever it is called, I don't have a need for it)

I have also bought Nosler's 168 grain 30 Caliber J 4 match bullets for 12.95 per 100. They shot like champs in my old 30/40 Krag target rifle that I bought them for. ( bought them to test based on price, bought the second batch based on performance)

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
www.midsouthshooterssupply.com

When I first started reloading back in the mid 80s this is the first company I ever dealt with for reloading supplies, and have found their selection and price hard to beat for many items...

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I'm buying large quantities of bullets, I'll buy them at Jerry's/Simmons or Arms and Ammo. If I'm just picking up a box or two, I always buy from one of my local retail gunstores. Even though the price might be a buck or two higher, we must all support our local gunstores. They have a terrible time competing with the big boys. If we don't partronize them for at least some of our hunting and shooting needs, next thing you know, they're gone.

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
AMEN SST!

YOU'LL ALSO FIND GOOD DEALS ON THE ONLINE AUCTION SITES INCLUDING THIS FORUMS CLASSIFIEDS!

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a whale of a good price on .357's at www.southernbellebrass.com.

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote