THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Which is the Best of the Big Single Stage Press's?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Which is the Best of the Big Single Stage Press's?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Forster Bonanza Coax, hands down........

Posts: 336 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will put my RCBS A-2 up against them all...My other press is an old Hollywood, wish it was a magnum size press, its a bloody beast at about 100 lbs, but its a dandy..but limited to 375 size rounds....

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Forster Bonanza Coax, hands down........

While I greatly appreciate my co-ax, it is not a big press. I picked up an old style shorty rockchucker to take my 1"-12 thread 500 Jeffrey dies in an adapter. It works after a fashion, but I should of held out for an Ultramag, though the new Lee press looks like a good option as well.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
The Forster Co-Ax is not a "big" press because it doesn't need to be. It is superior by design.

Functionally, it will basically do anything any RCBS or Redding press will do. Further, if someone thinks there is something the Lee Classic can do that the Forster can't (aside from using a collet puller), well, you've been sorely misled and misinformed.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Bonanza/forester co-ax. It'll handle any loading chore with more leverage and straighter ammo to boot.

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote