Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

303 savage 30/30???
 Login/Join

posted
is there a big difference? Does anyone have a picture to show me the difference? Can they be loaded the same?

Posts: 76 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
That's a good question. I've never had any experience with the 303 Sav so I did some reading. Here are a couple interesting links for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.303_Savage

Pic- 308, 303 Sav, 30-30:

http://forums.outdoorsdirector...eload-for-303-Savage

But it did sound like you can use 30-30 data as a starting point. Also that you can form brass from 30-40 and 220 Swift brass.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
30-30 load data is perfectly useable for the 303 Savage. As far as brass goes, Prvi Partisan makes it, Grafs has it in stock.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I load for both. Using the brass I have, they are only about 1.5gr of water apart from each other. I use 30-30 reloading data for mine. Just be sure to use .308 sized bullets!!!!

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1088 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The very early Savage 99's in had a .311 bore.

Posts: 234 | Location: tx | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sob . . . I once had a .303 Savage Mod. 99 in excellent condition . . . which I sold for $25.

I know I screwed up . . . Please don't rub it in . . .

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote