New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCI 450 Small Rifle Primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any idea where I can get some of these primers. I NEED them BAD! I load for a 6.5 X 47 Lapua and have just enough to shoot the TN state match this weekend. But I don't have enough to shoot the KY state match the last weekend of Sept. I have looked every where and can not find any. Any help would be appreciated!

PaPa 260

Posts: 109 | Location: Extreme Southwest Indiana | Registered: 14 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have almost a full box of the 400s. What's the difference in the two? I have two unopened boxes of the Winchester WSR. How do these differ from the 450s? I'm curious about these kind of things...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CCI 400 is small rifle, CCI 450 is small rifle magnum.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a ton of them, but I cant ship them, Wish I could help out.

quote:
Originally posted by Papa 260:
Does anyone have any idea where I can get some of these primers. I NEED them BAD! I load for a 6.5 X 47 Lapua and have just enough to shoot the TN state match this weekend. But I don't have enough to shoot the KY state match the last weekend of Sept. I have looked every where and can not find any. Any help would be appreciated!

PaPa 260

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If you can find the Wolf small rifle magnum primers they have the thicker cup and run well at the higher pressures.
Wideners have some and Powder valley.
Jim

Posts: 10 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 23 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the responses. The CCI 450 is as rare as hens teeth. I ordered a brick of the Wolf primers. Hope they work. Eurocentric, if I wasn't a 16 hour drive away, I would drive there to get a brick of them. That is how hard they are to find.

PaPa 260

Posts: 109 | Location: Extreme Southwest Indiana | Registered: 14 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's gotta be a way to ship them to you

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
If you're truly in a pinch, you can buy them on gunbroker for about double the normal price.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote