New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom loading bench design
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have built several reloading/workbenches to sell and will produce many more depending on the interest. I will e-mail photo's and more details to any one who is interested.
Shane

About a month ago I had spoke with all of you about some custom reloading benches I built for my basement. My company has come up with a universal, more marketable reloading bench and produced several to sell. There is plenty of room for all components and tools, along with several different presses. This design would be ideal for metallic loading on one side and shotshell reloading on the other or any combination. It is very sturdy as a freestanding unit, or may be secured to a wall.

Here are the specifics on this free standing reloading/work bench.

The counter is 1 1/2" solid maple butcherblock 25" x 72". The top height is 36" above the floor. All cabinets are built out of 3/4" thick laminated board and finished on all sides. They are shipped fully assembled. The 2 base cabinets are 18" wide with 1 drawer and 1 door with an adjustable shelf. The upper cabinet is 10" deep by 24" high with 2 adjustable shelves each side. There is also a 10" shelf below the counter in a 35.5" knee hole. The exposed hardware is polished brass. Only tool required is a Phillips screwdriver due to the RTA fasteners used which are included. The unit is packaged as one 21" x 25" x 72" package weighing 310 #'s that can be shipped common carrier.

Cost will be $777.00 plus shipping and tax if sold in WI. I have built several benches ready to ship, but many more can be produced in a short time. We can also customize these benches to your specific needs at additional cost if necessary. This is a high quality product that will last a life time and make reloading a more enjoyable hobby. Feel free to contact me with any questions or ordering information.

I do have a digital photo, if someone would be able to help me post it on this thread.

Shane Marquardt Sandenwood INC. W4170 Sampson Rd. Rio, WI 53960 (920) 992-5550 (920) 992-5155 fax

Posts: 179 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Shane,

I hope you make a go of this...If you have a pic or two why not post them here?

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish I new how to post a photo. I can e-mail it to anyone who is interested. Thanks for the interest.

posted Hide Post
Shane,

Here you go buddy:

Its a nice looking bench for folks who reload in the house and wants something that looks tidy..

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11 | Location: Pa | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
safaripete,

Very nice set up..I am always envious of anybody who has that much space for their reloading!

Did you design and build those benches or are they those kit based workbenches you assemble yourself?

Regards,

Pete

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting my photo Pete.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great beanchs! Safaripete got me to try imagestation and I uploaded some pics there, this is the first time I have tried this and I THINK this is my bench. I put draws and doors on everything just incase my cats visit by accident. I have a shopvac in the lower left cabinet that is turned on by the switch in the bench above it, the hose comes out of a hole. I also put a tube down so I can keep my cleaning rod there with no fear of bending it. Antway I want to try this pic thing so here goes.

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4158520799&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid128%2Fpea12f23e83a5415e9528ca2e3bb9f401%2Ff7ddfddf.jpg&caption=Bench

Posts: 94 | Location: WI MI border | Registered: 25 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone i glad you all like it but when i finish in the next few weeks i take better pics so you ll can see when it is done

again thanks
pete

Posts: 11 | Location: Pa | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow DickPal, true luxury! Makes me wonder, where is all the mess that belongs on a reloading bench??
Seriously, though, I'm suitably impressed!
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
More comfortable reloading is done sitting down in a standard chair (with back) with feet on the floor rather than perched on a stool. Here's link to a simple design I have which meets this criteria:

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=855050

Requires only a couple 2 x 4's and one 4 x 8 sheet of MDF or plywood to build. Optional shelves, adjustable height, disassembles, many other design features/size options.

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote