Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Vendors for Bullet Seconds
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey 30 Caliber,

A few years ago I called Nosler and spoke with the people who handle the factory seconds. They sent me 250 gr. .35 caliber bullets about a week later. I don't remember how many were sent and I don't remember how much it cost but I know it was probably better than anything you will buy over the Internet.

If you go to their web sight you will probably get their phone number. Just ask who you should speak with about factory seconds. I'm sure they will put you in touch with whom every handles those bullets - they did for me. Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Smoker

Posts: 178 | Location: Pennsylvania - USA | Registered: 17 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not all seconds are good.

Years ago I bought some pulled 110 grain .357 remington bullets at midway. The canalure was to close to the base, makeing the loaded round slightly long. But they worked great in the guns I used them in.

A few years ago I bought some round nose 30-30 bullets (again remington bullets at midway). These miked .3065 and won't hold tight in the brass, unless I remove the neck expander.

Oh well, at 2 cents apiece (the price in both cases), I guess I got what I deserved.

JerryO

Posts: 231 | Location: MN. USA | Registered: 09 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Speer seconds:

Lolo Sporting Goods
1 208 743 1031
Lewiston, Idaho

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Nosler blems at Midsouthshooting are a water spot problem on 5% of the bullets.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Dr. Ricochet for posting that.

I got a couple thousand of those 60 gr and had them moly coated.

They are very accurate and will cut a ground squirell in half if pushed with 13 gr of Blue Dot in a .223.

I just saw the pallets of TAP ammo at some web site for 13 cents a shot.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/hornadytap.asp

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/151981

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
I shoot lots of Lock, Stock and Barrel's seconds, which are mostly if not all Hornady "blems" or discontinued items like the 60 gr. .224" "Barrier Bullets" made for TAP ammo. I've been well pleased with all of these. The only "defect" I've been able to find is slight irregularities at the junction of the jacket and lead nose. I've had some Winchester bulk bullets not sold as seconds or blems that I never could get to shoot well. Maybe all the bulk bullets are "seconds" for one reason or another.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify, my comment about slight defects at the jacket/nose junction referred to the "blem" versions of standard Hornady bullets. (Which do shoot just fine, I have no complaints about them.) As far as I can tell, the 60 grain "barrier" bullets aren't blems, but were made for a line of TAP law enforcement .223 ammo that wasn't meeting sales expectations so they discontinued it and dumped it all to the outlets cheap. I like 'em!

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote