New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which power trimmer
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I've been looking for a new power case trimmer that will be used exclusively for rifle cartridges.I'm leaning toward the RCBS Trim Pro,but have never used one.Any feedback,good or bad would be appreciated.
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the trim pro manual version and made a holder for a elect. screwdriver to drive the trimmer....the trimmer works well and is quick to change cases...the way the case is held flat aganist the fixed position gives good consistant trims....the power attachment part seems too expensive to me and I haven't seen one in person,I have a old RCBS and a Forster trimmer also, the Trim pro is much faster to change cases with just a press of the handle.....hth...good luck and good shooting-loading!!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For the price of that power attachment,(what is it $400?) you could by 3 makita, dewalt etc nice cordless drill sets.

Just my take on it. I made a special base and just hooked up my makita to my rcbs trimmer

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lee "power" case trimmer!!

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I 2nd the Lee. thumb

The Lee trimmer and a cordless drill is a good choice. Cheap and needs no adjusting, it always trims to the proper lenght.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote