Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading for 500 S&W
 Login/Join

posted
I know there is someone out there that has the info I'm looking for. I need the dies, bullets, and brass for the 500 S&W. I have seen it somewhere, but can no longer find it. Thanks in advance. REAPER

Posts: 7 | Location: Down south | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks POP, that is about 92.00 dollars cheaper than the one I saw.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get brass from Starline, load data from Corbon , and bullets from Cast Performance.

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir! I think I'm gonna have to get some of the 525 gr. bullets. What a whopper! Thanks again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
GrimReaper

Sorry, but that 525 gr bullet won't work in the 500 S&W. S&W went with the .500" diameter bullets from the 50 AE, not the .510" bullets used in the 500 Linebaugh and 500 Linebaugh Long that the 525 grain bullet was intended for.

Cast Performance does offer a 440 grain bullet, and you can use the 300 and 325 grain Speer Gold Dots intended for the 50 AE. Also Hawk makes jacketed bullets from 300 to 450 grains for use in the 500 S&W. I am sure that more cast bullet providers will soon have a wide variety of weights and designs (Keith's, LBT's etc.) for the 500 S&W.

[ 07-02-2003, 09:17: Message edited by: CMcDermott ]

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks . I guess I will have have to be a little more careful from now on. I really appreciate you pointing that out to me.

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
If you want to cast your own, then
www.mountainmolds.com
can make anything you might want. He had a guy call him from the shot show with dimensions and made a 650gn mold. I have 7 of his molds and they are all top quality.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote