New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.62x54R brass source
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know where I can get some boxer primed 7.62x54R brass? Midway has Lapua and Winchester listed but I'm not interested in paying Lapua's prices and their winchester isn't due to be in stock till October sometime.

thanks,
Ian

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
S&B sells El Cheapo's. In Denmark i pay something like 45 cents a piese for factory 196 grain FMJ loads.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check Graf & Sons, but I must tell you that Lapua is 1/2 the price of Norma and is of excellent quality. ...Maven

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
S&B ammo is cheaper than most brands of brass. The loads test at 58 KPSI in my Mosin, and that's hot. I just pull the bullets, dump the powder, and go from there.

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it's coming into the States but PPU sourced brass is also pretty good. Mind you I have my suspicions that it may be S&B brass, but I'm not quite certain.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the Silver Bear ammo out of Russia is boxer or berdan primed? It didn't shoot very well out of my Mosin but it's available locally. I can't remember the price, it's been 6 months since I bought any.

Ian

one of us
posted Hide Post
Berdan

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Burke
posted Hide Post
Cole Distributing has privi partisan.boxer primed,its pretty good ammo and the brass is better than S&B IMHO.
http://www.coledistributing.com/

Posts: 111 | Location: Western Ky | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen

Buffaloarms.com has Hornady 7.62x54R for $17/50 $30/100. It's the best price, Boxer primed that I've seen.

Posts: 37 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted Hide Post
I got mine from Graf's. Maybe a month ago.

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies... I ended up ordering Graf's house brand brass, $27/100 I couldn't get the buffalo arms page to load, I would have rather had the Hornady brass but what the heck... my Mosin is about shot out anyway. I wish I had one in 90% condition. Lots of .308 bullets to choose from.
I am considering getting one of those 8mm Mausers in unissued condition from Mitchell. Two of my buddies have them and they are sweet. Little to no marks on the stock, the bore is shiny and the rifling sharp. They were $295 and you can get a barreled action of the same quality for $175 I am told.
One of them shot a .5" 3 shot group at 60yds with the military iron sights. The other one was shooting 1.25" groups.

Ian

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Mitchell's Mausers are overpriced. Look around on some of the other milsurp wholesalers' sites, you can do better. Also, those M48s are pretty rough, unissued or not. They were built hurriedly as the Yugoslavians were anticipating imminent invasion by the Soviets, and are comparable to 1942 Russian Mosin rifles, or late wartime German Mausers. The M24/47s that were rebuilt from war-weary M24s are much smoother actions, though all of those are well used rifles. (Personally, I like a military rifle with "history" a lot more than an unused one, anyway.)

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote