THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    cz 9 twist barrel 223 - successful heavier bullets?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz 9 twist barrel 223 - successful heavier bullets?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
From experience, what are the more successful heavier bullets in the cz 223 9 twist barrelled rifle? There seem to be plenty of reports about which lighter bullets are being used successfully in the 9 twist barrel but not much info about heavier bullets in the 9 twist barrel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of different loads with 60 grain ballistic tips I am hoping to try tomorrow. My gun is a 1:9" twist. I'll let you know how I make out.

The gun maker suggested 52-55 grain bullets would fly best in this gun, but I am hoping 5 more grains won't pose too much of a challenge in finding an accurate load with the 60 grain pill.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote