Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: reloaded .30-06
 Login/Join

posted
OK, I found out this much. The loads in question are worked up for the rifle I am shooting (new Remington 700 ADL)and .05 under on the powder charge by weight and powder type. We made several attempts at seating the bullet to get the correct length to seat the bullet out of the lands. I just got off the phone with him and he assured me that other than the sizing of the brass they are made for my rifle. I will shoot them next weekend, without my daughter though.

Thanks for all the input. I didn't know there was so much involved in this. I shot a .303 british my dad gave me when I was 14, and wanted a lil more gun. My wife gave me this for my 46th Bday.

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could post the powder charge, bullet, overall length of the cartrige and brand of brass used. We will then have more info to go on.
The bolt closeing hard on the round is not a bad sign. It just means that it needed to be sized down slightly more for your gun. It should conform to your chamber after fireing.
I shoot Rem 165 corelokts bought in bulk from Midway. They shoot under 1" in all my 06's. If you want to be extra sure, then have him use a slow powder that can't produce too high of a pressure. I use 60 or 61gns RL 22(depending on the brand of brass, win or rem) and you can't put enough in the case under the 165gn bullet to get to high pressure. I get 2730fps and they kill Deer and Elk just fine.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
LARS
That's the best idea yet!
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote