New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price Check on Surplus H4831
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone give me a price on surplus H4831 powder? A buddy at work was telling me his grandfather has some that he wants to sell and he's giving me first crack at it. What would be a good price per pound for it? Thanks.

Craig

"Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline."

Posts: 530 | Location: Kulpmont, PA | Registered: 31 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In 1960, I bought surplus H4831, 50 lbs. for $.50 a pound. I guess you should now consider inflation.

Posts: 182 | Location: Va. | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CraigP:
Can anyone give me a price on surplus H4831 powder? A buddy at work was telling me his grandfather has some that he wants to sell and he's giving me first crack at it. What would be a good price per pound for it? Thanks.

Craig

This is an excellent questioin, as I am not aware of any commerce in "genuine surplus" H4831 any more.... But I do know I would pay as much as I'd pay for NEW H4831 just to get some of the original stuff....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CraigP:

Craig
Pulldown powders are generally running $7.50 to $9 a pound. Straight up surplus virgin powders can sometimes run as high as $10 a pound.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good guys. My buddy's grandfather has about 45 pounds left of the original 50 pounds he bought years ago. He's offered it to me for $5.00 a pound. I guess I'll be picking it up.

Craig

"Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline."

Posts: 530 | Location: Kulpmont, PA | Registered: 31 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will buy it if its clean and smells good for $10.00 a pound if you want to part with it and double your money..

I bought a 150 lb. stainless steel can within a wooden crate (US Army container) for $1.00 per pound about 1961 from an old gentleman who has since gone to the great beyond...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Take a good look at the powder and if there is a brown rust color, don't even think about buying it. I had some go bad. H4831 surplus powder and brown rust color is a sign.

Glenn

Posts: 70 | Location: Ok. | Registered: 29 August 2004Reply With Quote