New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester or Remington Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone noticed any difference in quality?

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Not a lot. Winchester cases tend to be made of a little tougher brass, and are thinner. Hence they will hold a little more powder than Remington, and can stand a little higher pressure. This is a generalization, and may not be true for ALL calibers. I once bought 100 Winchester .375 H&H loaded rounds, and when I went to reload them after firting, I found they had off-center flash holes. For some reason, this didn't seem to have an adverse effect on accuracy, though. I've never seen this problem with any Remington cases, and have not seen it since in Winchester brass either. They say Norma and Lapua brass is better than either Win. or Rem. I've never tried Lapua, but Norma brass isn't worth the diffference in price, at least not for me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Agree with the poster above.

I use Winchester (almost) exclusively in my Hornet.

In the .223 I use Remington, but that was based on scientific experimentation ---- it was all the dealer had at the time [Big Grin]

Bruce

Edited for speeling misteaks! [Razz]

[ 07-01-2002, 15:55: Message edited by: BIWOZ ]

Posts: 104 | Location: Perth, Australia | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like winchester brass, I use rem brass in my hornet however and have just bought 100 rounds of 6.5x55 swedish brass in PMC brand, seems alright.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
I will use Norma or Winchester if I possibly can. I have used Lapua recently while shooting a buddies .338 Lapua, it seems as good as the above mentioned. I use remington when I can find nothing else. I don't like the Federal Nickle plated but have used it for other peoples rifles because that is all they had. If I need custom brass I use Superior Ammo in Sturgis South Dakota, it is top notch. Good shooting. [Wink]