New
Find
Notify
Tools

.277 130grain Accubonds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone tried these yet in a .270 Winchester? I have been shooting the 140's with great success (why change, right?) but I just can't resist a 130 grain bullet for the .270. Just wondered if anybody had any success or failure stories. Goose season is over so it is time to do some reloading before turkey season starts. Thanks.

Posts: 39 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot a couple of does with the 130 AB's and the results were similar to the 140's I've used--complete pass throughs, and DRT. One was at 180-190 and dropped in her tracks. The second was at about 100 yards, and was hit on a quartering towards angle, dead on the near side shoulder, and also instant drop and no more movement. I didn't shoot anything other than the 140 AB's in this particular rifle, but the 130's shot to the same POI at 100 yards, a bit higher at 200 as expected, with the powder charge having been increased just a bit.

I think this is an awesome bullet in the 270!

Good shooting--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don,
Thanks for the reply and info. I just put a box on back order. Damn, looks like I'll have wait awhile before I can load some up. Thanks again.

Posts: 39 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote