New
Find
Notify
Tools

premium bullet comparison
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
you know the comments and suggestions and experience of bonded/premium bullets is well know. I have favored them myself most all the time.

Midway has the Rem. Ultra Core Lokts on sale and the price is very reasonable to say the least. I won't compare them to my Swifts but comparing them to Noslers Partiton what is your experience? I could use more .30 cal. 180's for my Garand.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Remington Core Lok is a good bullet. I would not hesitate to buy a bunch during this Midway sale.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Midway has the Rem. Ultra Core Lokts on sale and the price is very reasonable to say the least. I won't compare them to my Swifts but comparing them to Noslers Partiton what is your experience?

There is NO comparison between those two!!!

Over speed or hit heavy bone an NP and it keeps on working, over speed or hit heavy bone with a corlok and it will come apart...

Best part is, the NP will work perfectly at low velocities too!

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I saw the add also & tempted to try some. These are the BONDED CL & should perform sim. to the NAB or HIB. Buy NP 2nds from Nosler & they are cheaper than the Rem.BCL. thumb

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buy NP 2nds from Nosler & they are cheaper than the Rem.BCL. thumb

that is a roger on that. been having a tough time the last few of my only calls to them for the 2nd and just cannot get thru-perhaps one day. As they say it is a "bonded"-19 something a box was tempting or is.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
The last time I purchased Remington bulk bullets from Midway the quality was atrocious to say the least. Double cannalures, and poorly sized and formed rejects which didn't shoot worth a hoot. .270/130 CL's.

It just doesn't pay to shoot crap except with your friends over beer. beer

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grizz007:
you know the comments and suggestions and experience of bonded/premium bullets is well know. I have favored them myself most all the time.

Midway has the Rem. Ultra Core Lokts on sale and the price is very reasonable to say the least. I won't compare them to my Swifts but comparing them to Noslers Partiton what is your experience? I could use more .30 cal. 180's for my Garand.

They're good bullets, but I haven't had the best accuracy even though it's satisfactory for hunting. I wouldn't compare them to nos. parts. but would to hot cores, interlocks & maybe even grand slams in terms of holding together in game.

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My nephew shot a nice 8 point Ga. whitetail 2 seasons ago with his 270win using 140gr Rem. core lokts ultras. Quartering away at about 100yds the bullet hit high in the back of the ribs,shatterd 7+ inches of back bone and was fond in one piece under the hide of the off side front shoulder. I was very impressed.

Steve

Posts: 182 | Location: On the Yentna River, Ak. | Registered: 23 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=887079

It is a bonded core loct, not the ordinary cup-and-core bullet. It should compare well with Hornady interbond, nosler accu-bond, or the swift scirocco.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote