New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outcome of my ladders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As some know I just started using the ladder system for determining a load. Well today I took the 760 out with 5 rounds of the two closest shots on the ladder I shot for IMR4350 and the Hornaday 180 grain Interlock.

Both loads grouped 5 shots in 1 1/2 inch at 100 yards with the 56 grain load edging out the 55.5 grain load with the tightest 3 shots at 11/16 vrs 1 inch.

Being this was with a pump rifle built in 1952 and an old vintage 2.5-7 power Weaver scope I am tickled to death. This will be quite accurate enough for black bear in the mountains of PA.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donald Nelson:
Being this was with a pump rifle built in 1952 and an old vintage 2.5-7 power Weaver scope I am tickled to death. This will be quite accurate enough for black bear in the mountains of PA.
Me too and yes indeed! tu2 BOOM

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hot Core. I plan to load up the same two loadings again and run them thru the chrony just to see the difference being both loads shoot pretty much equal. Either way I feel I have a winning combo that needs no improvement for the intended use.

This was the first time I used the ladder method and it did save me ammo and time.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell Larry Gibson. jumping Congrats!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donald Nelson:
This was the first time I used the ladder method and it did save me ammo and time.
Big Grin Yes indeed it does.

Apparently it ALWAYS does exactly that - unless - your hands are covered with doughnut crumbs! rotflmo

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
Tell Larry Gibson. jumping Congrats!

I want to stay out of that debate as I am not as educated in all this as many of you folks. All I know is that in 24 years of reloading this was the first time I used this method and it worked.
I actually decided to load 5 rounds in between the two loads also just to see if maybe I was at both sides of the sweet spot. I will find out this weekend.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite