Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

243 Super Rock Chucker
 Login/Join

posted
Hey, new to the boards here and I need a little help.

I'm currently having a custom rifle made in 243 SRC, I've got the dies ordered, the brass and bullets waiting in the wings, only problem, I have very little data to start working up loads.

The guys at Huntingtons told me that 6mm-06 data would work fine and I have found a little bit of information on that. I'm guessing, from reading several internet sites and judging from case volume, that 240 Weatherby Magnum load data would be a good starting point.

I don't plan to shoot any bullets under 80 grains or over 110 grains.

Any data or website with data would be greatly appreciated.

In case anyone doesn't know, the 243 Super Rock Chucker is a 30-06 (25-06) necked down to 243.

Posts: 2 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornady #3 and Hogdgon #26 each have data for 6mm-284. This cartridge is equivelent in volume to the 6mm-06. If you do not have access to these manuals, let me know which bullets and powders you are interested in. I can then give you some of their data.

Posts: 273 | Location: West Central Idaho | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted Hide Post
You might want to look in volume 1, P.O. Ackley Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders. Pg 320 has some information on the .240 Super Varmiter (.243x30.06...or .270...or .25.06) that should help get you started. Blacktail53

Posts: 267 | Location: So. Oregon | Registered: 11 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote