posted
What is the latest addition?

Thanks,
Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe it's the 8th Edition.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the 9th, and it's from 2000 CE.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's the 9th, printed in 2000.

I have it [Smile]

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the difference between the 8th and 9th edition - an update covering the new cartridges of one year(i.e. book becomes bigger and bigger from year to year), or is there more to it ?

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it gets significatly bigger.
Alot of stuff gets shelved. I don't think the 8th has the 300 and 330 Ultra, for instance, but the new one doesn't have any of the WSM's. There's a new wildcat made every other day, so not sure how much he tries to keep up with that.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, the 10th is out. I bought it from Amazon.com and it took 2 weeks to get it, but here nontheless.

It was printed this year. I've been basing my cartridge collection off of this book since the 7th ed.

Dave

Posts: 35 | Location: BC | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
They don't just add new cartridges! They drop "obsolete" ones, and substitute some old/obsolete ones for some of the previously included old/obsolete ones!

I guess it's just totally impossible to include ALL KNOWN cartridges! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I noticed that M.L. McPherson isn't the editor of the latest version but they haven't edited the things he wrote in the first-person giving the impression (if you had not read the earlier editions) that the current editor wrote them. Poor Form!

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got my 9th edition a few weeks ago off a guy on ebay. It was 11.00 including shipping, I have seen several still there from the same person.

Posts: 66 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm going to have to get an update.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like eldeguello said:
The 9th edition 2000 has no 303 Savage entry in "cartridge idenification and measurement chapter 18".

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote