THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How effective and consistent are RCBS X-Die's?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted
Just curious. If it works, it sounds like something that would be great to have.

Thanks,
RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine have worked perfectly so far...I only have 8x57 X dies, but would love to have them all x dies...I have been told that after about 7 ot 9 loadings you may have to trim a little, but with cases at 25.00 per hundred I just toss'em and get a new batch...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41880 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Atkinson:

How have you found them to affect neck thickness? An increase? A decrease? None?

Thanks,
RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
<CalleT>
posted
fgs

<CalleT>
posted
Sorry for the cryptic messege, was testing.

My friend has used the X-dies for some time now in caliber 6.5x55 Swed.
He feels that the cases hold the bullets harder than when he used Hornady New Dimension dies.
Cases DO NOT stretch after meeting their maximun inside the X-dies.
He is very pleased with RCBS X-dies.
Good shooting
CalleT

<Don Krakenberger>
posted
hOW about runnout--I thinkthey use some sort of mandrel inside--do they make real good runnout??

one of us
posted Hide Post
RSY and Don,

I have only used the RCBS X dies in a Brno Mod. 21 8x57, and have had no problems, I don't know the answer to your questions, as in this hunting rifle, it matters not..It shoots an inch with all loads and I don't shoot it often, other than to hunt...

I would like to have a set of X dies for my zero tolerance chambered 6x45, that I could load without resizing if I had to,( I have a hand re-sizing die made with the reamer ) then your questions would be interresting as one has to assume that brass has to go someplace.
But with the hunting chamber of the 8x57 there is enough slop to forgive everything, I suspect.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41880 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote