New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 ultra loads?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I now have everything necessary to reload for my 375 ultra mag except powder. Any suggestions for an accurate load using 260 ballistic tips? or any load that shoots good for that matter. What is a good powder to buy to use on 250-300gr bullets? My rifle has a 26" wisemann barrel if that makes any difference.

Posts: 153 | Location: Lolo, MT | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I have a question for you. Where did you get the Wiseman barrel ??? I have a benchrest quality Wiseman barrel on an XP 100 that I got back in 1984. I tried to locate him recently but was unable to find him. Is he still somewhere in Texas ??? He makes some of the finest barrels I've ever seen. Thanks.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill has a shop outside of College Station, TX. I don't seem to be able to find his address at the moment..he does not have a website or email, I'm not sure if he even has a computer. Anyway, I saw his address in a fairly recent article in Sports Afield which features two rifles, one was his. It was a bolt gun chambered to 450 Marlin with a single stack magazine. Hope that helps. If you can't find it anywhere send me a PM and I'll take the time to clean my desk and find it.

Posts: 153 | Location: Lolo, MT | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of moki
posted Hide Post
Nosler shows that IMR4350 is the best powder for the 260gr Accubond and that is what I'm using. I stopped at 2920fps because that was enough recoil for now.

Posts: 451 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The first group I shot in my .375RUM was .266" for 3 shots with 270gr Hornady bullets and 93grs of IMR4350. I haven't had the time to work up a load for the 260 Accubonds I have yet but I'll probably start with about the same load as the 270's.

Posts: 179 | Location: Boise, ID | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use reloader 22. 105 gr.powder for 270 gr. barns x
106 gr.powder for 260 gr. accubond
on the crony 260=3100 fps
270=3070 fps