Find
Notify
Tools

375 SOCOM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted
Anyone else reload for this? I have some limited reloading data but I have some 175 gr. CEB Maximus bullets that I would like to use and there is no load data for bullets that light. I was thinking of using Alliant Varmint or H335. I really would like to use H4895 but getting a pound of that is like winning the lotto. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1090 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I guess I don't get using a bullet that light in any 375. They were sort of made for heavy bullets; that is the point, to me.
I would recommend a 7mm or 30 cal of some ilk, for which a 175 would be good.
Just me maybe. Never heard of a 175 grain for a 375.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree. I shoot 270 + 300 G. in my H+H. That socom sounds like an answer to a problem that doesn't exist.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I agree. I shoot 270 + 300 G. in my H+H. That socom sounds like an answer to a problem that doesn't exist.

The only problem is that the 270 and 300 gr. will not reliably expand at SOCOM velocity. I think the niche that the .375 SOCOM fills is that it puts 375 Winchester ballistics in an ar-15 platform. It was never intended to be a dangerous game cartridge, should have enough punch for bear and elk though.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1090 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thecanadian,

slower burn rate powders will produce accuracy & velocity in the 375SOCOM.

Accurate 2460 or 2520 pushes 270gr @1750fps out of my 16" Tromix Bbl'd AR top end in 375SOCOM.

Vollmer Precision.com manuf jacketed 375's specifically for the 375 Stalker/375SOCOM's.

SBR ammunition sells 375SOCOM headstamped brass to save you a few steps if necking down 458SOCOM brass(when avail)
https://www.sbrammunition.com/375-SOCOM_c_48.html

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 429 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote