THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Stevens mod. 200 w/ Shaw 6.5X55 barrel FIRST TIME

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stevens mod. 200 w/ Shaw 6.5X55 barrel FIRST TIME
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Roll Eyes 6.5 x 55, Stevens Mod 200 swapped barrel, RP cases, 47grains DP 86 filled to neck-shoulder junction, #34 primer,.
  • 140 grain PSP. Rem., oal= 3.190", Mild, clean, 2616 to 2550 fps., 3 shot 3/4" group @50yds..
  • 140 grain HPBT Sierra, oal=3.035", 2414 to 2744 fps. Not great but OK.

Not bad for the first outting! popcornroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..
  •  
    Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of seafire2
    posted Hide Post
    Roger,

you forgot to finish a post on the Swede, with. " Ya Chur, ya betcha"....

or where you put " NOT great, but Okay" you should have put.. " Oh Vell.. OOOFDa"

Those are spelled phonetically for ya so you can get the pronounciation right at least...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
    John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    Roger,

If you don't mind my asking which chamber did Shaw
    cut it for?

American .473 brass (cheaper to feed)
    or Original swede (.480) dimensions?

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
    Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Allan DeGroot:
    Roger,

If you don't mind my asking which chamber did Shaw
    cut it for?

American .473 brass (cheaper to feed)
    or Original swede (.480) dimensions?AD

The fired cases measure .478" but these really seemed to be a modest load and may not have fully expanded. most of the Euro brass I have measures < .478" fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
    one of us
    Picture of bowhuntrrl
    posted Hide Post
    Too bad you had to put another barrel on to ruin the accuracy. One of my savages (.300 RUM) shoots .5 MOA and my .270 WSM Savage shoots .23-.25 MOA just as they came from the factory.

I hope you realize I'm only kidding, I understand that you probably couldn't get the caliber you want and those Stevens actions are a great value !!!

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    l had a 6.5x55 Shaw barrel 24".this barrel shot very well with Seirra 120gr.
    and 4064.l could get 1/2 to 5/8 at 200yds.BUT it was a bear to clean.

Posts: 43 | Location: Hornell N.Y. | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jon D:
    l had a 6.5x55 Shaw barrel 24".this barrel shot very well with Seirra 120gr.
    and 4064.l could get 1/2 to 5/8 at 200yds.BUT it was a bear to clean.

True! thumb The Stevens barrels are much more laborious to get clean. beerroger