New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norma MRP powder
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Powder Valley and Grafs are out. Does anyone know where some might be located? In lower USA

Thanks

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AfricanHunter:
Powder Valley and Grafs are out. Does anyone know where some might be located? In lower USA

Thanks

Reloader22 is more or less the same stuff, though you should "work up" again, but you should do that with a fresh batch of MRP anyway...

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reloader22 is more or less the same stuff, though you should "work up" again, but you should do that with a fresh batch of MRP anyway

I've had very small (if any) differences lott to lott on MRP. RL22 that is another issue. The first lott of RL22 I had were VERY HOT. I did find a lott that matched my MRP loads almost gr for gr.

As to who has it sorry I can't help. If you can't find it RL22 will work but as stated you will need to work up your loads.

Here is the list of distributors from the Norma site.

www.midwayusa.com/brand/norma

www.grafs.com

www.sinclairintl.com

www.huntingtons.com

www.bhshooters.com

I believe at one time Blackhills Shooters Supply (bhshooters) was the only Importer. I would check with them.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've found both powders (which are from the same manufacturer and are of the same specifications) to vary more widely from lot to lot than most other powders.

The bottom line is this: Use either RL-22 or MRP, but buy in lots large enough to last you for a significant time and carefully do a re-workup of your load if you are forced to change lots (or brands).

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote