New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm BR load/scope question? MOA and elevation
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a used 8x32 bushnell elite 4200 with the target dot. I noticed to smaller dots toward the bottom of the reticle. Not sure if this is standard issue or not, but I'm guessing it's not. I bought it off a guy who used it on a longe range 6mm BR, just what I'm using it for.

I'll cut to the chase. On 32x, the second dot is 11 inches low at 100 yards (roughly 11 moa). Does this mean I can use it for 11 moa drop when sighted at 100 yds? Assume that my load drops 11 moa @ 525 yds. Shouldn't I be able to hold dead on with the second dot?

If so, how does that work with a 200 yd zero? With a 200 yd zero I have about 11 moa drop at 600 yds.

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
It would work just like you said. It will be 11 MOA from whatever distance you are sighting in at.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey jb, Here is a Thread on Understanding and Using MilDot Reticles that should be of benefit to you.

The nicest thing about them on a Variable Power Scope is you can set them up any way you desire. The possibilities are only limited by how many trajectories at diffiernet powers you want to keep track of. Multiple types and weights of Bullets is no problem either.

Other Reticles work fine for close-up, but once you get way out yonder, the MilDots are quite an advantage.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Or it could be 22 MOA at 16x, maybe you could plink at 1000 yards. Wink

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is another dot at 18 moa as well. The local range only goes to 200 yds, so I built a target stand today to use at my parent's farm. I should be able to get to 600 yds there.