THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.30 cal cartridge based on .357 max case.
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know of a .30 cal cartridge based on the .357 max cases. I belive there is one called the .3o r-c max but can't find anything on it.

Posts: 16 | Location: Cranston, RI | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
There are several out there.
30X357 Max
30 Max
Jim Rock of RPM chambers for some variation of these and used to sell dies.

I have a 30 357 Max long or 30X221R long. It was created on a small Martini action. I like to have never figured out how to make brass and then once I got a set of 30X221 dies I just kept playing until it chambered and fired to the proper length. The last batch of brass (luckily only 10 rounds) had splits the length of the case after the first firing on 8 of the cases. The chamber is tight so it must be the brass. Have not shot it in several years. It has a real long neck so I want to make a cast bullet plinker out of it. Builder was a gunsmith who used a match 308 (shot out barrel from a bolt target gun)and built the Martini to shoot Schutzen matches.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Do you know who makes dies for any of them, or where I can get specs? Or maybe case diamentions? bewildered

Posts: 16 | Location: Cranston, RI | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Sharpsfifty
Jim Rock should still have dies for his creation, drawings also. It had a shor neck on full length 357 Max so I would assume it beat the capacity of the case in my gun by two full grains of powder capacity!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote