THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Can you use the Sinclair neck thickness gage for 20 cal?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you use the Sinclair neck thickness gage for 20 cal?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is the Sinclair case neck thickness and variance gage that sells for about $30 without the dial gage. I'm not referring to the
Sinclair $90 concentricity gage which I already have.

Sinclair doesn't make a 20 cal pilot for this neck checker gage. But I was told that I could slip the case directly onto the spindle without a pilot, and the spindle itself will hold the case firm.

This is an after the fact discovery with this tool that is reported to just happen to work, and I'd like if somebody here can tell me if they have done this with their 204 or 20 tac cases before I order the tool. If the case is going to fit loose or sloppy on the spindle when you spin the case, then I'll pass on it.

Posts: 45 | Location: Houston | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote