Winchester Powder SOLD
 Login/Join

posted
to Hodgdon. Effective immediately.

Posts: 16 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
Curious, in that Hodgdon already sells ball powders nearly identical to Winchester's, and both lines of ball powders are produced in the same plant.

Posts: 978 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is really convenient. I haven't purchased any powder under the Winchester Banner in over 10 years...

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, that's interesting, because didn't Hodgdon recently purchase Alliant, or was it IMR? If my foggy brain is functioning a little tonite, it seems to me that Western Powders (Ramshot) also recently purchased Accurate Powders.

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
IMR and Hodgdon merged recently. Now Win powders?

How long till some powders drop off the face of the earth?

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Really and truthfully, the Winchester merge with Hodgdon makes sense. So too would a consolidation among the powders of their two lines.

Let's be honest, we already know that a number of the powders among their two lines are in fact the same powders anyway. Maybe different lots, but still the same powders made in the same facility in Florida.

Here is a short list:
HP-38 is Win 231
HS-6 is Win 540
HS-7 is Win 571
H-110 is Win 296
BL(C)-2 is Win 748
H-414 is WIn 760

Pretty much all of the ball powders in the two lines match up. Now, Hodgdon's flake and extruded powder is another story since it comes from ADI in Australia.

Posts: 552 | Location: Coastal Georgia | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably means the price is going up.

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished with brute force and ignorance

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I have enough powder too last me forever.

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote