Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP HELP does size matter
 Login/Join

posted
I plan on using a 260 this year for the first time. I have been using a 45-70 for the past 10yrs, with the exception of one, and then I used a 35 Whelan. My question is, I have two rounds, both shoot great!!! well under .75moa in the 260. one is a 100gr Partition, and the other is a 120gr ballistic tip. The Partition is going around 2900fps, and the Ball Tip is around 2550fps. So if you all could give me some input that would be great. in the last 9 out of 10 years all of my deer have fell were they were shot with the 45-70. I need some reasurance. I need to start to use some of my other deer rifles, thats why the switch. Thanks all!!!

Post Extras: [Big Grin]

Posts: 9 | Location: fl | Registered: 04 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Since you've been using a 45-70 I take it the distances are not to great. Let see --Short distance 6.5m/m-- OK that's a 160gr rn bullet driven at2450 to 2500ft/sec.Are these Florida white tails? [Smile] [Wink]

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Go with the Partition.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote