THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone tried the 150 accubond in 30 caliber??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just ordered some factory 2nds from noslers pro shop. Also ordered some 165 solid base. Anyone tried either of these bullets yet?? I sure like the prices--got a few different calibers and split up the order with a friend.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Kraky,
I haven't orderd any 30 cal accubonds, yet. I have shot the .375 H&H Accubond and Partitions 2nds. I'm impressed with their accuracy in my Whitworth and Safari Express.

You can load them down with some Accurate 5744 and they are great fun to shoot.

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kraky, have shot the 150 Accubond in both my 308 and 300 WSM. It has shot right in there with my NBT's accuracy wise, and I have taken 3 whitetails with the 308-- all three dropped where they stood-- I shoot em behind the shoulder when I can, and all three of these that was the case. Pass throughs on every deer so far, and dead deer right away. -- I've had real good luck with the accubonds on game so far. The farthest of these three was at about 175 yards (185 paces) and the other two were in the same area from the same stand, and the first one was lasered at 130'ish yards.

I noticed a little more drop at 200 (from 100 to 200) than with my NBT's, but in my 308 the NBT's were Combined Technology coated pills, so maybe that's the difference? I like the AB's a lot and hope CT puts them out in the coated version soon-- you can buy Win. ammo with coated AB's so I hope they're available to us reloaders soon.

Regards and Merry Christmas--Don.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to hear they worked good in the .308 as I just got a new BAR after hunting season in that caliber. With the short barrel I was thinking a little extra speed from a light bullet but also want something that might hold up in case of a tough angle. Sounds like it will be a winner--thanks guysfor responses.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote