Find
Notify
Tools

Black nickle brass?????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
ConfusedI found what looked to be black nickle plated .223 cases at the range last week. Has Hornady started to market these and I just don't know about it? For sure they are not blued or blackened steel. Really a a bright blue shiny finish.Scraped it with my knife and it is plated brass. Is the plating Black Nickle? Roll Eyesroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like teh TAP brass

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep TAP brass. Hornady's new self defense ammo comes in the popular rounds like 45, 9, 308, 223 etc. Good price too. Havent shot the TAP yet but love all the other hornady rounds.

Posts: 63 | Location: NM | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
beerthank you thumb Are they selling the cases for reloading anywhere? roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Havent shot the TAP yet but love all the other hornady rounds.

You owe it to yourself to try it. It is the most accurate factory ammo I have ever seen in over 60 years of shooting, in the rifle cartridges.

Particularly amazing to me is the Hornady TAP .30 caliber 110-grain bullet load. I never believed a factory load with that light bullet weight would be capable of groups below 0.3" from factory rifles, but I've gotten some with it out of my tactical bolt rifle.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
You owe it to yourself to try it. It is the most accurate factory ammo I have ever seen in over 60 years of shooting, in the rifle cartridges.

Taking your advice I was going to buy some .223s.After tax that stuff would have cost me a dollar a shot. Hell! That's almost as much as some of my perscription drugs. I want to see Hornady stay prosperous but not off me all at once. roflmao

I just got 200 rds..223 of PMP South African Ammo at less that $20/100. It'll shoot 20 rds consistantly fired at 45 second intervals into a group you can cover with a quarter at 50 yds.. At 1/5 the price I guess I'll just have to live with it's substandard performance. nut
Thanks again for the info guys roger

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
...a dollar a shot. ...almost as much as some of my perscription drugs.

.223 of PiMP South African Ammo ... It'll shoot 20 rds consistantly fired at 45 second intervals into a group you can cover with a quarter at 50 yds.. ...
Hey Roger, What kind of drugs are you on to get those excellent groups? LSD??? Big Grin

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
...a dollar a shot. ...almost as much as some of my perscription drugs.

.223 of PiMP South African Ammo ... It'll shoot 20 rds consistantly fired at 45 second intervals into a group you can cover with a quarter at 50 yds.. ...
Hey Roger, What kind of drugs are you on to get those excellent groups? LSD??? Big Grin

Hell no! I just let someone else pull the trigger. Razzerroger