Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

manufacturer's case capacity
 Login/Join

posted
just ordered win brass for my 7mm rem mag. i have always hunted with fed premium 160 nos. partions. range and target ammo has been remington and i have about a box of fed and rem cases saved. the water capacity of rem brass is 84 grains of water to the top of the neck, and the fed case holds 83 grains to the top of the neck. will the win brass have very close to the same capacity as the others? and will one brand have better useful life over another. i won't be loading max loads, mostly middle of the road, accuracy ammo. 50-100 fps isn't that important to me.

skin that one and i'll go get you another one!

Posts: 7 | Location: eastern ky | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
IIRC the Win is reasonably close. On the other hand, I have a stash of Wby brass, and it measures 89.5 grains!

No wonder 7mag data is all over the place.... FWIW, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
In my experience with 338's (the same basic case,) the WW brass is a bit lighter and has a bit more internal volume. The lightest of all would be the 300 Norma Mag cases necked down. They'd probably give you about 1-2g more water. I use 358 Norma Mag cases for 338 Win Mags. They hold 89g of water.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote