New
Find
Notify
Tools

5.56x45mm Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Order came in today from Midway - WWC - 04 - Military spec. 5.56x45 (.223 ) no crimp on primer pocket , never loaded NEW Brass ordered another 500 cases Wink, this is really nice brass , you need to reduce your loads 10% and work up , usually but not always a little less powder capacity because of the thicker case on the Military brass . thumb

Posts: 49 | Location: Ca. | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i use exclusively mil spec nato brass for my reloads. you are correct in reducing the loads by 10% and working up especially with .223 remington chambers. with my AR15 and nato chamber, i am actually 1 gr over the max with 2230C and getting nato velocities with no signs of high pressure. i got my nomex on!!!

Posts: 211 | Location: MT | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure, but don't count on commercial brass being lighter than Mil. Did you not see my post re Sako brass??

ALL loads should be worked up regardless.

500 Cases seems a lot. How many to the case? Smiler

(Sorry)

Um yes and sure they wouldn't be crimpt if they've never been primed. Smiler (sorry again)

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jal- really never use Sako Brass so never read your article , usually Lapua , and Winchester Brass and a few others, and yes I do work up my loads - The Winchester Brass Military Spec 5.56x45mm (223 Remington) is a one of a kind offer with very limited availability. Once the supply is exhausted, it may never be available again , and the Quality is really good , if you like that type of Brass ? That is all I was saying to the Forum . Do not think Midway USA ships out of the USA . jAL , Quit being so sorry. rotflmo

Posts: 49 | Location: Ca. | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
But everyone here calls me a sorry son of a B...

My Mil averaged 94.7
Some Sako " 100 +

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote