THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    trying to locate twist rate info on type 38 arisaka

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trying to locate twist rate info on type 38 arisaka
 Login/Join

posted
I currently hunt deer with a .257X65 Roberts Arisaka type 38. I wanted to know if I coould load up 85 to 100 grn pills for varmint with it, and expect any accuracy. I know it does well with 120's and 140's but I recall some one saying that the twist rate wasn't good for lighter ammo. Any suggestions.... anyone know what kind of twist they have?

Thank you for your time.

Maynster

I know I should just get a good Varmint gun, but I gotta pay off other toys first.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Easiest way is to measure it. Take your cleaning rod with a tight patch. Push the rod in and make two marks one where it enters the barrel and the second on the top edge of the rod at the barrel. Pull out the rod until the second mark has returned to the top. Mark the rod again. The distance between the marks is the twist rate.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Twist rate for the Type 38 Arisaka is 1 in 9.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote